Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Twenteen! Cumpleanos Feliz Joseph!

"Its ok to be 40, if you look 30"

I don't know if I should be happy because it's mu birthday or should I be sad since I am aging. Well, Apple Aberin said, "It's ok to be 4o if you look 30." That gave a light of hope for me. On the more brighter side, 20 is still a teen right? Twenteen? Nevertheless, I am taking more responsibilities because I'm shedding my teen years off starting this day. I'm scared by the thought of having a job. Why? Even though I already finished my undergrad, I still don't like to work but I would like to pursue a Master's Degree. Well they said that I can work while still studying.

Stepping on the 20 mark has its perks as well. One, people treat me more as an adult so there are no more "Don't do (insert activity), you are still young for that." Now, its like I am given the liberty to spin around in whatever I want and still don't get reprimanded. Most of all, the best thing about being an adultish teen is our ability to commit mistakes and learn from it. Yes, it's not dreadful to commit mistakes as long as you learn from it. Given that, if one can't find something to learn from the mistake done, such can always be charged to experience.

Contrary to the good things of being older than the usual teen, by being an adult it is not quite happy happy fun time all the time. Since there are more responsibilities to take, life becomes more dulling, more automatized and more routinary. Work-play-work-play-work-play-study? Ok, maybe this is still far from where I am standing now but as early as now I am preparing for this.

The best thing that I can get for this specific birthday is very very simple, a sports car will do or a condo unit will do as well. OK stop dreaming Joseph! But what I would really like to have this birthday is to be admitted at graduate school with a scholarship. In line with that, I would like to know what program to take since I am extremely torn between MFA Creative Writing and MA Language & Literature. Dilemma Dilemma on my birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment