Monday, May 17, 2010

Career Roller Coaster Ride

Really now, I'm trying to find a job. But in reality, I'm torn between studying and working. What should I prioritize, having a so so income through an official teaching job (which I am really avoiding but my dad wants me to have) or being a full time student again (by full time I mean no work whatsoever)? If I go with the former, I would be a simple cheap ass teacher who assists students how to put their head up before drowning in their own blood owing to the English language. If I pursue the latter, I won't have the income that I was thinking of before graduating.

On a lighter note, I applied for a job that is not of my specialization which means its really on the other side of the career spectrum. I wouldn't want to divulge it since I know that I will get a lot of criticisms such as "Ha? bakit ka nagapply diyan eh nagtapos ka with latin honors?" But just a clue, its in the food and beverage industry.Well, I want to prove something that even though I am not in the given track as dictated by the degree that I have; I am capable of crossing other careers that is maybe unthinkable for some. Simply put, I'm taking a career roller coaster ride; won't you ride it with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment