Thursday, May 12, 2011

Jane's Puppy: A Poetic Encounter with an English Learner

This is one of my student's poem. Though it may not be perfect, it still has some entertainment value in it. Enjoy! Since she's a Korean, she hear's the dog's bark as "Wal-Wal" and not "bark bark" nor "aw-aw" as we hear it. Generally, its a bit childish but it shows her genuine affection for her companion - her puppy. Never mind if she doesn't follow the correct English syntax, it is still with aesthetic quality for a child who has not spoken English for quite a period. Let the barking begin! Or in her auditory practice, let the "walling" begin!


My Puppy

by Jane

My puppy always bark
Wal wal~
My puppy always waiting for me
Wal wal~
My puppy always want snack
Wal wal~
My puppy always want to hug
Wal wal~
My puppy always pee poo
Wal wal~
My puppy always shake his tail
Wal wal~
My puppy always very cute so
I am always cuddle my puppy
I love my puppy forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment